I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson // #BookTime

Welcome back to another post in my book series #Booktime !!
" We were all heading for each other on a 
collision course, no matter what. Maybe some
people are just meant to be in the same story "

I am so sorry for not being so active! I've been travelling and school has also been busy, but summer's coming so there will be more posts! I recently read a book by Jandy Nelson named "I'll give you the sun". I'm sure most of you know this book, it's very popular. I loved this book!! I also have Goodreads! You can follow me here , and read all of my reviews and check out all the books I've read and want to read. So let's get to the explaining and my review:


A B O U T   T H E   B O O K:
The book starts from the perspective of one of the twins and goes on 
switching between the other. There is Jude and Noah. 
They have always been very close until something
 happens that breaks that love. Noah is the creative and
 introverted twin who draws a lot and want to get into CSA,
 while Jude cliff-dives, wears dark red lipstick and is more outgoing.
The book is about what happened to them. Will they finally
 speak to each other  and will they explain what happened to them? 

M Y   R E V I E W:
I loved this book. It was so poetic and magical. There were so many
metaphors and things that make you think differently
I loved Noah's parts, but had to get used to Jude's. It was a little hard to read
at the begging, but after a while, I couldn't get my eyes off of it. I loved the
part where I found out about every connection between the characters.
I was SO sad when I finished the book because I felt
such a conection between the  characters and the story. When I closed the book after reading the last sentence I looked around and said "wow life's really so different from what I thought". The 
book made me realize the relationship I have with my family and friends. Seriously 
there was NEVER a book that made me feel so many emotions. You might think I'm overreacting
and it's not that good, but READ FOR YOURSELF!!

Q U O T E S:
“Meeting your soul mate is like walking into a house you've been in before - you will recognize the furniture, the pictures on the wall, the books on the shelves, the contents of drawers: You could find your way around in the dark if you had to.” 




“I gave up practically the whole world for you,” I tell him, walking through the front door of my own love story. “The sun, stars, ocean, trees, everything, I gave it all up for you.” 




“You have to see the miracles for there to be miracles.” 




“what is bad for the heart is good for art. The terrible irony of our lives as artists.” 




“This is what I want: I want to grab my brother's hand and run back through time, losing years like coats falling from our shoulders.” 





“It takes a lot of courage to be true to yourself, true to your heart.” 





“I love thee with the breath, smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose, I shall but love thee better after death.” 





“We exhale together, then inhale together, exhale, inhale, in and out, out and in, until not even the trees remember what happened in the woods yesterday, until Mom’s and Dad’s voices turn from mad to music, until we’re not only one age, but one complete and whole person.” 




“If Mom died, the sun would go out. Period.” 


 

“What happened between us has colonized every last brain cell. I can barely tie my shoelaces. I forgot how to chew this morning.” 

I hope you're having a wonderful day!
- Angel xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My May Break!!

Summer Bucket List!

Memories behind my polaroid pictures!